Apply for the Erasmus Mundus Joint Master Degree Scholarships 2020-21 in Finland!
The Erasmus Mundus EMLex offers an excellent international program of study which is globally unique and highly attractive due to various activities. During the two-year programme, students will spend the second semester together with all other students at one university, which changes every year. On request, it is possible to study at a third university of the EMLex consortium in the third semester. In the 1st and 4th-semester studies take place at the so-called home university. Erasmus Mundus applicants have the opportunity to name their preferred choices for their home university; the selection committee distributes the applicants equally to the partner universities.
The Erasmus Mundus programme is fee-based, i.e. students have to pay participation costs to the EMLex consortium for each semester. In return, the consortium pays for costs arising in the course of the studies, for example, tuition and administration fees, health insurance, library fees, etc. In addition, it organizes a supporting programme. All students have to sign a Student Agreement before the beginning of their studies.
Number of scholarships
EMLex provides 15 scholarships for the intake of 2020/21. Depending on the home university, courses will start either in September or October 2020. 75% of the scholarships are given to partner country students; 25% is given to programme country students.
- Partner Countries: non-EU countries with the exception of Turkey, Macedonia, Serbia, Norway, Liechtenstein and Iceland
- Programme Countries: 28 EU member states + Turkey, Macedonia, Norway, Serbia, Liechtenstein and Iceland.
If you come from a partner country and have carried out your main activities (studies, work, training) in any programme country for at least 12 months in total during the previous five years, you are considered as an applicant from a programme country.
The participation costs are as follows:
- for students from partner countries (Non-EU countries except for Turkey, Macedonia, Serbia, Norway, Liechtenstein and Iceland): 4,500 € per semester
- for students from programme countries (28 EU member states + Turkey, Macedonia, Serbia, Norway, Liechtenstein and Iceland): 2,250 € per semester.
The scholarship includes:
- contribution to subsistence costs: 1,000 € per month for the entire duration of the EMLex study programme (24 months maximum)
- contribution to travel and installation costs:
- for scholarship holders resident in a programme country: 1,000 € per year for travel costs
- for scholarship holders resident in a partner country whose location is situated at less than 4,000 km from the coordinating institution (Friedrich-Alexander-Universität Erlangen-Nürnberg): 2,000 € per year for travel costs + 1,000 € for installation costs
- for scholarship holders resident in a partner country whose location is situated at 4,000 km or more from the coordinating institution (Friedrich-Alexander-Universität Erlangen-Nürnberg): 3,000 € per year for travel costs + 1,000 € for installation costs
- The scholarship also includes participation costs for the EMJMD-EMLex (see point 2 for details). These participation costs cover all additional costs which occur during your studies. They particularly include tuition fees, health insurance, library costs, administrative costs, cultural events.
Note: If you study in your home country you will not receive contribution to subsistence costs for the duration of your stay there. If you are a partner country student and study at Stellenbosch you will only receive contribution to subsistence costs for the duration of three months of your stay.
These conditions apply to both Erasmus Mundus students with and without a scholarship (self-financing basis).
- Degree: Applicants must have a Higher Educational Institution (HEI) degree in the area of-
- (Computational/Applied) Linguistics
- (Foreign) Languages
- Book Studies / Library and Information Science
- or other relevant disciplines, subject to the consent of and the approval by the Consortium’s admission committee.
If your HEI degree is still in progress, you may nevertheless submit an application. The restriction, in this case, will be that the HEI degree certificate is available before the start of the EMLex study course.
- Language requirements: Competencies in textual reception that enable the students to understand texts in their field of studies and to take an active part in specialist discussions are absolutely necessary for successful participation in the EMJMD EMLex master course. Instruction languages are English and German as lectures will always be held in one of these languages. Language skills must be proven by the respective language certificates.
- In your application, you have to document text production skills in one of the two instruction languages that correspond to at least level B2.
- You need to have sufficient text reception skills in both languages, which have to be proven by certificates (see notes below).
- Language certificates cannot be older than two years.
- No other documents than the above-mentioned will be accepted as evidence for the necessary language requirements.
Proficiency in English (for non-native speakers) must be certified by one of the following institutions for at least the given level (equivalent to B1 // B2):
- onSet-Englisch. This test can be taken at a licensed test center in your country (https://www.onset.de/testzentren-termin/).
- British Council (IELTS): 4.5 – 5 // 5.5 – 6.5
- Trinity (ISE Foundation): ISE I // ISE II
- TOEFL iBT: at least 42 // at least 72
- Cambridge: Preliminary Certificate // First, Advanced or Proficiency Certificate
- English studies / Anglistik Bachelor degree (or comparable degree) from one of the universities in the EMLex programme
Proficiency in German (for non-native speakers) must be certified by one of the following institutions for at least the given level (equivalent to B1 // B2):
- onSet-Deutsch(former “OnDaF”). This test can be taken at a licensed test center in your country (https://www.onset.de/testzentren-termin/).
- Goethe-Institut: Zertifikat B1, grade at least ‘gut’ // Zertifikat B2, grade at least ‘gut’
- Österreich-Institut: ÖSD-Zertifikat B1, grade at least ‘gut’ // Zertifikat B2, grade at least ‘gut’
- Germanistik Bachelor degree (or comparable degree) from one of the universities of the EMLex programme
4.3. Selection criteria
Eligible Regions: Erasmus+ Partner Countries
- Fill out the application form on the computer and sign it by hand.
- Send the application form together with the following documents to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Pay attention to the following requirements:
- All documents have to be in only one single PDF format.
- The name of the file should correspond to the following pattern: EMLex application + your name
- The file should not exceed 4 MB (if so you might have to zip the files).
For more details, please visit the apply now link.
Application Deadline: March 1, 2020
For more details click on this link: https://www.youthop.com/link?u=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.emlex.phil.fau.eu%2Ferasmus-mundus%2Finformation-for-students%2F