Apply for Fully Funded ETH Zurich Summer Research Fellowship 2019-20 in Switzerland for Bangladeshi and International Students
Name of Fellowship: ETH Zurich Summer Research Fellowship
Fellowship for Undergraduate and Masters Students
Fellowship provider: December 31, 2018
The Computer Science Department at ETH offers a new and interesting program that allows undergraduate and graduate students to obtain research experience in our department during the summer months. The program is open to all students worldwide. The department is committed to increasing diversity in the computer science area.
Applications for the programme are open to students across the globe. The program is committed to increasing diversity in the computer science area.
Research opportunities are available in the following areas:
- Theory and Algorithms
- Networked Systems and Parallel Computing
- Pervasive Computing and Cyberphysical Systems
- Information and System Security
- Data Management and Machine Learning
- Programming Languages and Software Engineering
- Visual Computing
Applicants will be notified by e-mail by early February 2019.
The program begins on July 1st and ends on August 31st. This means the duration of the fellowship covers the full two months of July and August. Unfortunately, there is no flexibility for logistic reasons.
Application period: 1 November 2018 – 31 December 2018 at 12 noon (Central European Time).
- Research experience:
- Fellows will pursue a research project that aligns with a chosen area of their interest as part of a research group in our department. This includes interacting and collaborating with group members.
- Networking and socializing:
- A number of on-site socializing events will help fellows to get to know people outside their respective research groups, including current ETH students at both undergraduate and graduate levels.
- Fellows at ETH Zurich will receive a monthly allowance of about CHF1.750 to cover housing and living expenses. Travel and visa expenses will be covered as well. Students can claim the travel costs against receipts at the beginning of the program.
- Affordable housing during the research stay will be organized, once a candidate is accepted into the program. We will also provide information regarding visa applications (where required).
- Fellows have the opportunity to explore the vibrant culture of Zurich in the summer as well as the beautiful mountainous landscape of Switzerland in their free time.
- The amount provided covers housing- and living costs.
- Travel and visa expenses will be covered as well.
- Students can claim the travel costs against receipts at the beginning of the program.
- You are eligible for the Student Summer Research Fellowship program if you satisfy the following: a
- You are enrolled in a study program (Bachelor or Master) in computer science or a closely related field (e.g., electrical engineering, mathematics, physics)
- Your expected graduation date in your current study program (Bachelor or Master) is January 2020 or later.
- You have 2 years of study completed by summer 2019 (Master students naturally satisfy this condition).
- The duration of the fellowship is fixed to the full two months of July and August. You can be present during the entire time.
- Language requirements:
The program is fully conducted in English. Formal evidence is not required. However, the fellowship requires a good working knowledge of English. Your language ability may be assessed during an interview.
- Admission process:
Your application will be evaluated on the basis of the documents provided. The last step of the application process may include an interview conducted with the shortlisted candidates.
- All applicants fulfilling the following conditions are eligible for the program:
- You can attend the entire fellowship period from July 1st to August 31st. (Note that this time is fixed and cannot be changed)
- You are currently enrolled in a bachelor or master (or combined) program and your expected graduation date is earliest in spring the year after the fellowship.
- Bachelor’s and master’s students worldwide with an expected graduation date earliest during the spring semester the year after the 2-month fellowship.
Eligible Regions: open for all
- Please begin by exploring the faculty members in the participating hosting labs and their research topics.
- You will be asked in your application to indicate one or two preferred research areas. This will help the program to coordinate optimal lab placements.
Remark: Please do not contact faculty members directly.
- Apply online through the given link
For more details please click on this link: https://www.inf.ethz.ch/studies/summer-research-fellowship.html
1,123 total views, 3 views today