UNDP works for helping to achieve the eradication of poverty, and the reduction of inequalities and exclusion. They help countries to develop policies, leadership skills, partnering abilities, institutional capabilities and build resilience in order to sustain development results. They focuses on helping countries build and share solutions in three main areas:
- Sustainable development
- Democratic governance and peace-building
- Climate and disaster resilience
The Partnership and Resource Mobilization unit support UNDP country offices in 24 operating countries in the region of Asia Pacific. The unit provides a range of support to 36 countries through the 24 offices in the region.
UNDP is now offering internship opportunity in Bangkok, Thailand and the duration is 6 weeks.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Assist the partnerships to prepare various written outputs, including conducting background research, preparing analytical notes, contribute to reports and concept notes and other communication and knowledge materials 50% of the time.
- Assist in analyzing outreach communication activities of the Partnerships unit, including inputs into brochures and similar communication materials, e-learning tools and materials 30% of the time.
- Assist in administrative and substantive support to meetings, preparation of background documents and arrangements and perform other duties as directed by the Supervisor 20% of the time.
These are all the primary tasks of the position.
- UNDP internships are not remunerated. All expenses connected with the internship will be borne by the intern or her/his sponsoring entity;
- UNDP accepts no responsibility for costs arising from accidents and/or illness or death incurred during the internship;
- Interns are responsible for obtaining necessary visas and arranging travel to and from the duty station where the internship will be performed;
- Interns are not eligible to apply for, or be appointed to, any post in UNDP during the period of the internship;
- Interns must provide proof of enrollment in health insurance plan;
- Interns are not staff members and may not represent UNDP in any official capacity;
- Interns are expected to work full time but flexibility is allowed for education programmes;
- Interns need to obtain financing for subsistence and make own arrangements for internship, travel, VISA, accommodation, etc.
Please visit the official link for detail benefits.
- Interest and motivation in working in an international organization;
- Good analytical skills in gathering and consolidating data and research for practical implementation;
- Outgoing and initiative-taking person with a goal oriented mind-set;
- Communicates effectively when working in teams and independently;
- Good in organizing and structuring various tasks and responsibilities;
- Displays cultural, gender, religion, race, nationality and age sensitivity and adaptability;
- Responds positively to feedback and differing points of view;
- Consistently approaches work with energy and a positive, constructive attitude;
Candidates must meet one of the following educational requirements:
- currently in the final year of a Bachelor’s degree; or
- currently enrolled in a Master’s degree; or
- have graduated no longer than 1 year ago from a bachelor’s degree or master’s degree or equivalent studies;
- Field of study: Economics, Public Policy, Business Administration or equivalent.
Knowledge and a proficient user of Microsoft Office productivity tools;
- English required;
- Knowledge of other UN languages is an advantage;
Eligible Regions: Open for All
Apply online through the given link.
1,272 total views, 9 views today