Three scholarships are offered to support the training and development of the next generation of leaders in global health and strengthen the capacity of health systems and health-related research in Africa.
These highly competitive scholarships are available to applicants intending to study on a one-year, full-time, London-based MSc program at the London School of Hygiene & Tropical Medicine (LSHTM).
The London School of Hygiene & Tropical Medicine is a world-leading center for research and postgraduate education. Their courses are dedicated to the pursuit of excellence in the fields of public and global health and are recognized by employers around the world. Students, academics, and professionals come to the London School of Hygiene & Tropical Medicine (LSHTM) from all over the world because of its international presence, collaborative ethos, research excellence and prestigious study programs in public and global health.
With a rich history of 120 years of world-leading research and teaching, LSHTM has built a strong and diverse international network of academics, alumni, students, and partners. They all contribute to their mission of improving health worldwide and have helped to establish their place as one of the top public health institutions in the world. Apply fo the GSK Scholarships now!
Each scholarship will cover-
- tuition fees, including any mandatory field trip fees; and
- a tax-free stipend (living allowance) of GBP 17,175.00.
To be eligible for these scholarships, applicants must:
- be nationals of, and resident in, countries in sub-Saharan Africa;
- intend to return to sub-Saharan Africa on completion of their MSc year at LSHTM;
- confirm that they would not otherwise be able to pay for the proposed program of study by submitting the supplementary questions form with tick-box checked;
- meet LSHTM’s minimum English language requirements;
- hold a first degree at either a first or upper second class equivalency level;
- hold an offer of admission for 2020-21 for one of LSHTM’s 18 London-based MSc programs of study.
Eligible Regions: Resident of Sub-Saharan African Country
Applicants should complete both steps below by the scholarship deadline.
- Step 1
Submit an application for 2020-21 for a London-based MSc program of study, as per instructions under the ‘How to Apply’ tab on the relevant program of study page. Applicants should ensure that all necessary supplementary documents (including references) are submitted via LSHTM’s admissions portal by the scholarship deadline. (Where possible, they encourage applicants to submit a complete application for study as far in advance of the scholarship deadline as possible, to allow for timely processing.)
- Please note that if you are applying for admission to LSHTM and are accepted, you will be asked to pay a deposit within 28 days. If you are applying for a scholarship at LSHTM, please email the Admissions Team within this 28 day period, specifying the name of this scholarship and the expected decision date. This must be repeated for every scholarship for which you are applying. The admissions team will then apply an extension to the deposit deadline to match the decision deadline of the scholarship.
- Step 2
Submit an online scholarship application, selecting this scholarship option from the drop-down menu. A completed supplementary questions form for this scholarship must be uploaded as part of this application. This is the only attachment required in Step 2 (as applicants should have already submitted references; transcripts; a CV etc with their application for study).
Application Deadline: February 12, 2020